Careers - Director of Software Engineering
Director of Software Engineering: AS-eng-1005
ArchiveSocial empowers organizations to actively participate on social networking channels by ensuring that they can fulfill legal requirements and avoid lawsuits. Our cloud-based archiving and analytics technology is trusted by hundreds of organizations including the City of Chicago, State of North Carolina, and United States Department of Justice.
Our office is located in the heart of Downtown Durham, NC, walking distance from the Durham Performing Arts Center, Durham Bulls Athletic Stadium, American Tobacco Campus, and some of the best food in the Southeast. We are growing rapidly and are now seeking incredibly talented, passionate, and proven software engineers who strongly relate to the following:
PLEASE NOTE: ArchiveSocial is unable to sponsor visas at this time. You must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident authorized to work in the US.
ArchiveSocial is hiring a Director of Software Engineering to join our senior management team and lead software engineering for our best-in-class cloud solution. You might be the perfect fit if:
You motivate software teams to deliver extraordinary results
- You have earned a reputation of leading software teams to create products on schedule and with exceptional quality
- You know how to attract, support, and develop a team of early career software engineers to help them reach their full potential
- You communicate in a positive, enthusiastic manner that provides clarity and inspires others to over-deliver
- You have defined and refined software development processes and operate with a lean/agile philosophy
- You believe software should be designed for quality, rather than tested for quality, to provide strong customer satisfaction.
- You are proficient in release management and continuous integration.
- You have at least 3 years of experience directly managing a team of software engineers
You are highly technical and ready to get hands-on when needed
- You have a deep understanding of programming language constructs, data structures, and software engineering best practices.
- You have made your fair share of software engineering mistakes over the years and have learned how to bubble up and avoid potential problems before they create technical debt
- You are equally as skilled at product design and UX patterns, as you are at implementing technical solutions
- You know how to effectively delegate to others, but are also ready to jump in the trenches and write code side-by-side with your engineers if needed
You are craving a multi-faceted growth opportunity
- You have what it takes to join the senior management team of a fast growing technology-focused organization, assuming ownership of product delivery for the entire company.
- You are extremely adaptable and thrive in an environment requiring experimentation and iterative improvements
- You seek collaboration activities with customers, sales & marketing teams, and colleagues across the company
In addition to a one-of-a-kind career opportunity, we offer the following;
- Competitive market salary with meaningful equity upside
- Health benefits including fully paid medical for the individual, and 401K program.
- Open vacation policy and flexible work environment.
- Free downtown parking, drinks, snacks, team lunches, & happy hours.
- An incredibly fun and dynamic workplace surrounded by dozens of startups and hundreds of other entrepreneurs.
Can’t control your excitement? Please send a resume to [email protected] with a cover letter explaining why you believe this is the right opportunity for you.
ArchiveSocial is a rapidly growing software company located in the heart of Downtown Durham, NC. Our software-as-a-service empowers organizations to actively participate on social networking channels by ensuring that they can fulfill legal requirements and avoid lawsuits. Our archiving and analytics technology is trusted by hundreds of organizations including the City of Chicago, State of North Carolina, and United States Department of Justice. ArchiveSocial is a market leader and has been recognized by Gartner as a Cool Vendor and by Government Technology magazine as a GovTech 100 company. Our team has been featured in notable publications including Forbes, The Huffington Post, Fast Company, The Washington Post, and Entrepreneur.
We are alumni of The Startup Factory, NC IDEA, Code for America Accelerator, and the American Underground, and are proud to call Durham, North Carolina our home. Our headquarters is walking distance from the Durham Performing Arts Center (DPAC), Durham Bulls Athletic Park (DBAP), American Tobacco Campus, and some of the best food in the Southeast. If you are interested in joining a fast-paced, proven startup that’s growing fast, we have an opportunity for you…