Careers - Software Engineering Manager/Team Lead
Software Engineering Manager/Team Lead: AS-eng-0314
ArchiveSocial empowers organizations to actively participate on social networking channels by ensuring that they can fulfill legal requirements and avoid lawsuits. Our cloud-based archiving and analytics technology is trusted by hundreds of organizations including the City of Chicago, State of North Carolina, and the United States Department of Justice. We also recently collaborated with the White House to launch the first archive of presidential social media in history.
Our office is located in the heart of Downtown Durham, NC, walking distance from the Durham Performing Arts Center, Durham Bulls Athletic Stadium, American Tobacco Campus, the American Underground (a Google for Entrepreneurs Tech Hub), and some of the best food in the Southeast. As American Underground alumni, we retain many privileges of membership, including access to their facilities (including a beautiful rooftop deck!) and the invitation to attend happy hours and other social events for unparalleled access to the vibrant Durham entrepreneur scene.
As a company we have been growing nearly 100% year-over-year, based on organic revenue, and we are looking to expand our management team. We are seeking a Software Engineering Manager/Team Lead to lead software engineering for our best-in-class cloud solution. You might be the perfect fit if:
You are highly technical and ready to actively contribute code
- You have made your fair share of software engineering mistakes over the years and have learned how to bubble up and avoid potential problems before they create technical debt
- You are equally as skilled at product design and UX patterns, as you are at implementing technical solutions
- You know how to effectively delegate to others, but are also ready to jump in the trenches and write code side-by-side with your engineers as needed
You motivate software teams to deliver extraordinary results
- You have earned a reputation of leading software teams to create products on schedule and with exceptional quality
- You know how to attract, support, and develop a team of early career software engineers to help them reach their full potential
- You communicate in a positive, enthusiastic manner that provides clarity and inspires others to over-deliver
- You have defined and refined software development processes and operate with a lean/agile philosophy
- You believe software should be designed for quality, rather than tested for quality, to provide strong customer satisfaction
- You are proficient in release management and continuous integration
- You have at least 3 years of experience serving as a team or technical lead, and at least 1 year serving as a personnel manager of software engineers
You are craving a multi-faceted growth opportunity
- You’re not just looking for another job. You’re looking for a real opportunity to learn and grow, make an impact, and advance your career within a growing company.
- You have what it takes to lead the engineering team of a fast growing technology-focused organization
- You are extremely adaptable and thrive in an environment requiring experimentation and iterative improvements
- You seek collaboration activities with customers, sales & marketing teams, and colleagues across the company
In addition to a one-of-a-kind career opportunity, we offer the following:
- Competitive market salary with meaningful equity upside
- Health benefits including fully paid medical for the individual, and 401K program
- Open vacation policy and flexible work environment
- Free downtown parking, drinks, snacks, team lunches, & happy hours
- An incredibly fun and dynamic workplace surrounded by dozens of startups and hundreds of other entrepreneurs
PLEASE NOTE: ArchiveSocial is unable to sponsor visas at this time. You must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident authorized to work in the US.
Can’t control your excitement? Send your resume to [email protected] with a few sentences on why you believe this is exactly the right opportunity for you!
Due to the high volume of applications for this position, we are not able to respond directly to each applicant. Each application will be reviewed carefully, and if we believe that you are a good match to our job opening, our Internal Recruiting Specialist will contact you directly.
ArchiveSocial is a rapidly growing software company located in the heart of Downtown Durham, NC. Our software-as-a-service empowers organizations to actively participate on social networking channels by ensuring they can fulfill legal requirements and avoid lawsuits.
Our archiving and analytics technology is trusted by hundreds of organizations including the City of Chicago, State of North Carolina, and the United States Department of Justice. ArchiveSocial is a market leader and has been recognized by Gartner as a Cool Vendor and by Government Technology magazine as a GovTech 100 company. Our team has been featured in notable publications including Forbes, The Huffington Post, Fast Company, The Washington Post, and Entrepreneur.
As the most trusted social media archive in government, we recently collaborated with the White House to help them maintain compliance with the Presidential Records Act and launched the first archive of presidential social media in history.
We are alumni of The Startup Factory, NC IDEA, Code for America Accelerator, and the American Underground (a Google for Entrepreneurs Tech Hub). As American Underground alumni, we retain many privileges of membership, including access to their facilities (including a beautiful rooftop deck!) and the invitation to attend happy hours and other social events for unparalleled access to the vibrant Durham entrepreneur scene. We are proud to call Durham, North Carolina our home, where our headquarters are walking distance from the Durham Performing Arts Center (DPAC), Durham Bulls Athletic Park (DBAP), American Tobacco Campus, and some of the best food in the Southeast. If you are interested in joining a fast-paced, proven startup that’s growing fast, check out our open positions – we may have an opportunity for you!