Last updated: Mar 1, 2016
ArchiveSocial, Inc., a North Carolina corporation doing business as ArchiveSocial (together with its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, “ArchiveSocial“, “we“, “us” or “our“) maintains this website (“Website“), among other reasons, to provide you with a service to automatically capture and archive certain social media activity for records management, e-discovery, regulatory compliance and other related and/or relevant purposes (collectively, the “Service“).
The Information We Collect.
Here are some of the details on how we collect information about you and your Representatives (if you are a Subscriber):
1. Information You Provide or Authorize.
(a) When you use the Service, either pursuant to a free trial or as a paid subscriber, you provide us with your name, email address, the name of your employer if you are using the Service on its behalf and certain other information. In some cases we may ask for additional information for security reasons or to provide specific services to you.
(b) When you send email or other communications to us for customer service or other reasons, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve the Service.
(c) When you submit other information in connection with your use of the Service, including all of the User Content and Archived Content we collect on your behalf in connection with your use of the Site and/or Service.
(d) When you authorize us to connect our Service with one or more Supported Sites, including for the purposes of capturing, generating, creating, maintaining and/or archiving your Archived Content, we may collect additional information provided either by you or by the Supported Sites with your authorization.
(e) When you submit your information in connection with acquiring our marketing content, including informational resources provided on the Website, even if you don’t sign up for the Service, this signifies an opt-in to receive our promotional information.
3. Navigational Information . We may collect and use other non-personally identifiable information and data from you when you are visiting the Site through the standard operation of our web servers. Non-personally identifiable information collected from you may include Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and version, domain names, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, click stream data and anonymous statistical data regarding your use of the Site and/or Service. For example, we can tell which Internet service provider our Site visitors and Subscribers use, but not their names, addresses or other information that would allow us to identify such visitors or Subscribers. We use this information to analyze trends, to administer and improve the Site and the Service, to track visitors and Subscribers’ movements around the Site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
4. Clear GIFS . We may also employ a software technology called “clear gifs” (also known as “web beacons” or “web bugs”) that helps us better manage content on the Site by providing us feedback as to what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your web-enabled device’s hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on a website page, web-based document or email message and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
5. Site Information . Due to communications standards on the internet, when you visit the Site we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our Site. We also receive the internet protocol address of your computer (or the proxy server you use to access the World Wide Web), your computer operating system and type of web browser you are using, email patterns, your mobile device and mobile operating system, as well as the name of your ISP or your mobile carrier. We may also receive location data passed to us from third-party services or GPS-enabled devices that you have enabled.
6. Site Analytics . We analyze your use of the Site with third party software that allows us to monitor and record your navigation of the Site, in order to better customize our offerings and improve our products.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect to try to provide a safe, efficient, and customized experience. Here are some of the details on how we do that:
1. To Manage the Services. We use the information we collect to provide our Service and other services and features to you, to measure and improve those services and features, to provide you with customer and technical support and to monitor and enforce your compliance with the Terms.
2. To Contact You. We may contact you with service-related announcements from time to time. You may opt out of all communications except essential updates as described in the “Opt Out” section below. We may include content you see on the Site in the emails we send to you.
How the Information We Collect May Be Shared
2. Legal Compliance . We may disclose your information if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security or technical issues; or to protect our rights or property.
3. Business Transfers . We may also disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a merger, acquisition by another company or sale or other transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including our associated customer lists containing your personal information).
4. Non-Private or Non-Personal Information . We may share or disclose your non-private, aggregated or otherwise non-personal information about the usage of the Site or the Services to third parties for purposes that we deem, in our sole discretion, to be appropriate.
5. Your Personally Identifiable Information. Other than as explicitly set forth herein, we do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to third parties the personally identifiable information we collect in connection with your use of the Site or the Service.
1. Steps we take to keep your information secure.The security of your personally identifiable information is important to us. We have put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to adequately safeguard and secure the information we collect on the Site from unauthorized access.
2. Risks inherent in sharing information. Notwithstanding our commitment to protect your information, you should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the internet. Additionally, there also is some risk our security systems could be circumvented or breached. As a result, while we strive to use commercially reasonable means to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security and privacy of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. If you have any questions regarding the security on the Site or of the Service you can contact our privacy team at the email address set forth above.
How You Can Change or Remove Information
1. Editing your information. You are responsible for providing accurate information as may be required to access the Site or the Service. If you are a subscriber you are also responsible for the accuracy of the information provided by your representatives who may access or use the Site or the Service on your behalf. If you wish to correct any personally identifiable information you or your representatives have provided to us, you may do so by contacting our privacy team at the email address set forth above.
2. Deleting your account. If you want to stop using your account you may delete it. The account can only be deleted by providing notice to us through the Site. When you delete an account, it is permanently deleted from the Site. Deleting your account may impair the ability of you or your representatives to use the Site and/or the Service if you are a subscriber.
3. Backup copies. Removed and deleted information may persist in backup copies for up to 90 days, or longer if we are required to maintain or preserve such information in order to comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations or, if you are a subscriber or a representative of a subscriber, your applicable policies or procedures.
As noted above, you may at any time opt-out of receiving promotional communications from us by contacting our privacy team at the email address set forth above. Please note that if you decide to opt-out of receiving promotional information, your change in preference will only affect future contacts; if the information already has been provided to third parties, they may continue to use it.
The Site and the Service is for general audiences and is not directed toward those under 13 years of age.
Consent to Collection and Processing in the United States
By using the Site and/or the Service, you explicitly consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
Please remember that your use of the Site and the Service is also governed by our Terms of Service, which are available at http://archivesocial.com/terms.